Saturday, December 01, 2007

Of Prophecies And the Prophetic

Had a bizarre dream last night.

In it I battled a black demon-possessed cat. But once I would kill it, the demon would somehow generate a new body and try to come and provoke me again into battle. A strange element in the dream was that the demon inhabiting the cat, usually unseen, could be viewed clearly through a hand-mirror held up to my face, which I looked through like a window and could see the demon. I would use the mirror after each battle as a sort of, "Ha! Now your true form is revealed!" cry of triumph. The residents of the house where the demon and I conducted our battles showed me how to use this mirror. There was one time that the cat and I battled with katanas, which was a fairly epic sequence.

In my dream, I also fought and killed a short demon man in the shape of a dwarf. The queerest thing about the battle were the weapons we used, which were strips of entire weeks that the dwarf had torn off of the calendar. He employed these strips like short swords. In the dream I remember being amused, knowing strips of paper couldn't hurt me. However, as he handed me one to use as I weapon, I realized that if he believed they were dangerous, the paper strips must hurt him, so I eventually killed him with the strips (without even a paper cut from the ordeal).

But during the battle, one of my favorite scenes in the whole dream occurred when I took one of the dwarf's two swords and added it to my single sword, and the dwarf began to run away from me. Until this point I had concealed that I wasn't able to be wounded from the paper, but now I stopped and lowered my weapons to draw him back. Instead of turning and charging me, he walked backwards quickly until he was close to me and then jabbed his strip of paper up and under his right arm inn order to spear me in the stomach (like in Kill Bill, you know?). Unfortunately for him, it was paper, and only bent; I laughed (I don't remember if it was in my head or not) at the silliness of the thing and began ripping at his back and sides with my two paper strips until he finally was defeated.

In addition to this scene, there was a point after killing the black cat for the last time when I turned around and saw the other residents in the house. They were grouped together at the far end of the room and were giving me black looks, whispering among themselves. They said that the reason the cat kept coming after me is that the cat's original self had been killed by me (which I didn't recall doing - I recall getting that I had done it in some other life or something), and now the cat's spirit had a personal vendetta against me. The residents sympathized with the cat, saying that I was a killer. As this was technically true, I didn't correct them (even though the demon in the cat was evil and it was self-defense and totally necessary warfare).

Like I said, it was a bizarre dream. Mostly I'm just sharing so that I remember both the dream and the date I had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment