Saturday, February 16, 2008

Extended Leave of Absence

So I've been sick. Really, really sick. With flu. Full-on influenza. Chesty cough, stuffy/runny nose, plugged ears, headaches, throat aches, full-body aches, fevers, the works. I was flat on my back for four days straight, hardly any food. I lost seven pounds.

Yeah, I know, I just got finished being sick. That's pretty much what I said. Alas, I pushed myself too hard, and I DEFINITELY shouldn't have gone to that retreat, staying up late and going for that long walk on the beach without giving myself enough recovery time. Well, now I know.

The important thing is that I'm almost totally over it now. Got most of my sense of smell back, but I'm still trying to cough stuff up. Other than those two symptoms, however, I seem to be pretty much fine. I should still take it easy, though. I don't want to get sick again. *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment