Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Know Kung Fu

Ended up seeing Kung Fu Panda on Thursday night. Surprisingly enough, I really enjoyed the film. Jack Black's voice acting wasn't nearly as distracting as I thought it was going to be. The animation was very good, and perfectly suited to the content. The kung fu aspect was totally interesting, and the parts that got ridiculous were, again, perfectly suited to the content; the parts that made fun of old martial arts flicks didn't go so far as to completely interrupt the storyline, so that worked out just fine as well. I really liked the movie.

I identified the voice of Jackie Chan after the second word he spoke. Nate next to me waited for the freaking credits to roll before telling me, "Hey, it was Jackie Chan... good call." As if I haven't seen enough Jackie Chan movies to know his voice when I hear it. *Insert derisive snort here*

No comments:

Post a Comment