Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Of Insensibilities

I came home from Ashland yesterday night. Almost simultaneously with my stepping in the door, my cell rang. I picked up, and the call was ended. I saw who called - it was Bacon from school. His cell randomly calls people; it's demented like that. I called him back and asked him what was up. After apologizing on behalf of his phone, he explained that he had just gotten back from being in Ashland in Oregon, where he had been at the Shakespeare Festival.

Well, that pretty much struck me dumb. After making sure he wasn't lying, I found he had even been to the same play Saturday night that I had - The Taming of the Shrew. Ashland isn't that big a town. I have no idea how we missed seeing one another. It was pretty strange.

On a side note, Bacon and I have some unfinished business left over from the schoolyear. We must burn Bacon's bunnies and kitties - small stuffed ones he was given for that purpose on his birthday - in creatively explosive ways. I have yet to work out when or how, but it will happen, and my pyromania will (hopefully) be temporarily assuaged.

Aside from these extremely coincidental occurrences, I have two three things to say: one, that I have been so lazy that I have not called either my current nor my potential jobs to fix them up, and two, that I really need to go to bed. and three, that the series Dark Angel starring Jessica Alba is stupid, and I now know why they show it at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment