Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Actions of Children

Mon dieu, I am friends with absolute children! And ones who are trying to make lasting, adult-level decisions about the rest of their future... based on what? Physical attraction? Everyone else can see they're idiots for even hanging out together.

He's the most like a child... absolutely ridiculous in his actions, using his huge, gawky adult body to accomplish the will of a twelve-year-old (wrestle with me over a magazine? What kind of kid are you? What happened to the gentleman she said she was looking for?). She's practically babysitting him whenever she's with him. (And that will benefit a lasting relationship... how?) I fervently hope they don't have kids. It would be better if they never married in the first place, but I don't want any mother to have to deal with her children on top of a child-mannered father. I shudder at the thought of that scene.

She says she texts the most random inane sentences to him, and loves that he just texts back "Okay". A hint, sweetheart: it's not because he understands, accepts, and moves on. It's because he doesn't know what else to say. It's acknowledging you've spoken, that's all.

I love her to death, and I hate seeing where this relationship is taking her. All she's getting out of it right now is emotional gratification. I really hope the military with mature him, because I can't think of anything else that might. He's like a barely house-trained pet that has finally become big enough to realize the leash can't hold him. He doesn't appear to have solid rules for behaviour at all, let alone any social clue as to how a man should behave.

And this whole "I'm seeing a guy because he's seeing a girl I don't like"? What the hell? Oh yeah, that's completely solidifying your adult relationship. Come on, I thought you at least were more mature than that, girl. But even if you're not, this is CERTAINLY not convincing me of your adult status in the world.

Both of you... grow up. Dios mío.

No comments:

Post a Comment