Friday, April 18, 2008

The Relaxation of Weekends

Saw the movie Secret Kingdom today [trailer]. Stars Jackie Chan, Jet Li, and Michael Angarano, whose talent we first appreciated in the movie Sky High.
I'd say the one and only thing I didn't like about Secret Kingdom was the length. While a full two hours, it still wasn't long enough to get you really attached to the characters. So it ended up that if one got wounded somehow, you didn't really find yourself caring that much. They should have found a way to make the characters connect to the viewer a little better, even if that means they needed to cut back on the (awesome!) action sequences. I really would have liked to care.


It's a flying fox. Cool, no?

Ruth Waterhouse is a very skilled silversmith. I absolutely adore her craftsmanship, and really wish I had enough money that a few hundred dollars didn't mean as much to me as it does now.

And on TOP of all that, I stumbled upon a website that reports all the new species being discovered. And here I was under some sort of impression that scientists had the world all figured out... HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment