Monday, October 13, 2008

To My Passengers

Okay. So this last week has been a bit... busy.

Firstly, in my classes I am doing quite well. Art History is interesting, though certainly not riveting; Creative Writing Poetry I'm actually enjoying, and may post the fruits of my latest labors here before long, though as an actual "class" it is woefully lacking in instruction; Spanish is good to sink my teeth into, and it's cool to learn languages as well as find that I love doing so; Ceramics is not only fun, it's challenging, and I'm completely enjoying myself in creating these clay pots, sculptures, and whatnot. The problems come when I get too involved in the detail of a single pot when the class has been assigned to complete a certain number of objects by class' end. That aspect is rather frustrating to an artist like myself.

Secondly, spending five full hours with a person of the opposite gender who you have no will or desire to cultivate a personal relationship with, or, really, any relationship at all, is really rather stupid. On the one hand, yes, I learned a bit from him, and sketched a very nice full portrait of his character, but on the other hand five hours really wasn't necessary, thank you.

Thirdly, spending enough time talking with the person of the opposite gender, who you did have a very good interest in cultivating a personal relationship with, enough to find out that you really can't see spending your life with them, seems to be rather... disappointing, to say the least. Mentally, I'm already beginning to speak my goodbyes, and can even discern the beginning of relief; emotionally and physically, however, I can feel the palpable desire to take this relationship a lot further. It doesn't help that I really like and respect the guy.

Fourthly, I'm sick, and being sick sucks. I want to go to classes, and I HATE knowing that I'm not there and I'm going to MISS OUT ON SOMETHING! but alas, there is not really anything I can do besides sleep... and there's not much chance of that if I go to classes today.

So. In summary, there's been a little bit of frustration. I really wish... well. Several things. But the most important is definitely that I weren't feeling sick.

Also, read the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter (by Jeff Lindsay) the other day, which was the basis for the series Dexter on Showtime. Completely fascinating and amusing novel, sadly very short and not enough to truly get myself involved with... but I'm onto the second novel now, which will hopefully be a bit better in that respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment