Thursday, March 06, 2008

It's "Ricochet", Actually

Ignore my titles. They mean nothing. Nothing of noting, note: nothing.

I have finally finished watching the movie Amelie, which you should be able to find in its low-quality entirety here. I had begun it last quarter, while waiting to go to my late-night history class, and then it got taken from the library by a teacher; I don't know if the copy is back, but I got tired of waiting.

I really don't like low quality film.

I really liked this movie.

Artsy, dreamy, surreal, and the fact that it's in French disassociates the story a little bit, has you take it in through a filter of language and culture. The actress is wonderful, pretty without being gorgeous, which is refreshing; I found the actor not handsome, but attractive enough to tempt me. The storyline is adorable. While I wouldn't quite call it unpredictable, its pursuit is unique and interesting. Loved the soundtrack. Out of five stars I would give it four and one-half.

Also, please go take a look at the phenomenal watches by DeLaCour. Some of them are really quite stunning. I won't even ask to glance at a price tag, though; it's not worth the heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment